Sunday, May 19, 2013

Selected Supplications from the Holy Quran



Dear Readers, As  Salaamu Alaikum!
ALL PRAISES AND THANKS TO ALLAH, LORD OF THE WORLDS!!


Everyone is in need of success and goodness.  Du’a (supplication) is the essence of worship, the light of the heavens and the earth. It opens the doors of mercy and is a means to fulfill our needs from the treasures of our Creator and Sustainer. The Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wassallam) was a great believer in prayers; he made supplications to his Lord with a zeal and favour rarely to be found in the religious literature of the world. One who cares to read them, cannot but be overwhelmed with the depth of feelings with which he adressed Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala), intense love of the Great Master, deep consciousness of His unbounded favours, unshakable confidence in the Divine Mercy, and unfaltering faith in His Might and Power and sense of deep humility.

We also need to have a humble and a positive attitude when we pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala). Also realise that he is the True Creator, the Sustainer of the Worlds. He it is who created the Heavens and the Earth and He is able to do all things. So we should not lose hope in Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) and beseech him for good in both the Worlds. In this regard, we present to you a few supplications to ask Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) which are mentioned in the Holy Qur’an. It should be remembered that our Dua's and prayers should be directed towards Him and Him alone! This means we should not associate any partner with Him. Only He is the True Lord and we should pray only to Him and not to any person or thing.


.. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the folk who are unjust (i.e. do not make them overpower us).  And save us by Your Mercy from the disbelieving folk. [10:85-86]
.. O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers [11:47]
.. My Lord! You have indeed bestowed on me of the sovereignty, and taught me the interpretation of dreams; The (only) Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Wali (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian) in this world and in the Hereafter, cause me to die as a Muslim (the one submitting to Your Will), and join me with the righteous [12:101]
O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah. [14:38]
O my Lord! Make me one who establishes Salah and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.  Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established.  [14:40-41]
.. My Lord! Let my entry be good, and likewise my exit be good. And grant me from You an authority to help me (or a firm sign or a proof) [17:80]
.. Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way! [18:10]
..O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness). And ease my task for me [20:25-26]   ..My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." [20:114]
.. Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy [21:83]
.. La ilaha illa Anta (none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)), Glorified (and Exalted) are You (above all that (evil) they associate with You). Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."  [21:87]
.. O My Lord! Leave me not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors. [21:89]
..My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing-place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land. [23:29]
.. My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayatin (devils). And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they may attend (or come near) me. [23:97-98]
.. Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy! [23:109]
.. Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment. [25:65]

Aameen!
 (*Note: Some verses contain extra sentences, however only Du’a clauses were taken for this document)